Claire A. Jacobson, Au.D, CCC-A
Audiology Clinical Coordinator & Liaison
- Office:HHS 1136
- Phone: 540-568-6416
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
801 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
Au.D. Arizona School of Health Sciences
Teaching, Clinical & Research Areas
- Pediatric Audiology, Genetics of Hearing Loss & Developmental Psychology
- Newborn Early Hearing Detection & Intervention
- Clinical Methodology & Applications
- Professional Seminars in Audiology
- Aural (Re)habilitation: Amplification, Assistive Listening Devices & Cochlear Implants
National, State, Academic, and Community Current Activities
- Audiology State Legislative Representative for American Speech, Language & Hearing Association
- Diversity Advisory Council Representative CISAT
- Virginia Advisory Council Member for Early Hearing Loss Detection and Intervention
- JMU/RMH Collaborative Project
“Audiology Externships in RMH Newborn Nursery,” Recipient of Collaborative Spirit Award recognized at First Annual Anniversary Celebration
- Past- President Speech and Hearing Association of Virginia
- Hearing, Speech & Language Applied Laboratory
- Technology Assistive Technology (TAP) Center providing support services for Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing,
JMU CISAT Mini-Grant Dean’s award, April 2009.
Provides community-based service Audiology project with the “Harrisonburg Free Health Care Clinic”. Services include audiological evaluations, amplification & assistive listening devices.
National, International and Local Conference Presentations (last five years)
Jacobson, C.A. & Johnson, K.N. (2009)” Faculty and Student Perspectives on the Inclusion of Diversity Education in the Communication Sciences and Disorders Curriculum”. 3rd Annual Diversity Conference, James Madison University, April, Harrisonburg, VA.
Seal, B. C, Jacobson, J. E., Erickson, A., & Stogner, B. (2009). “Auditory neuropathy in an identical twin”. International Conference on Cochlear Implants and other Implantable Technologies, March, San Diego, CA.
Jacobson, C. A. & Shiflett, S. (2008) “Newborn Hearing Screening Collaboration Program between Rockingham Memorial Hospital Birthplace & James Madison University Externship Audiology Program”. 2nd Annual JMU-RMH Collaboration After Hours. James Madison University, April, Harrisonburg, VA.
Jacobson, C. (2007)” Early Detection of Childhood Hearing Loss in Head Start Programs: National NCHAM ECHO Project” Early Head Start Conference, August, Staunton, VA
Jacobson, C. (2007) “Virginia State Update Current Audiologic Diagnostic Protocols”,
Speech and Hearing Association of Virginia, March, Richmond, VA.
Jacobson, C. (2007) “Genetics of Hearing Loss, Current Status” Speech and Hearing Association of Virginia, March, Richmond, VA.
Jacobson, C. & Seal, B. C. (2007). “Cochlear Implant Collaborative Professional & Family Intervention in an Academic Setting”. 11th International Conference on Cochlear Implants in Children. April, Charlotte, NC.
Jacobson, C. (2006) “ Newborn Hearing Screening and Beyond”, Professional Staff Continuing Education Conference, Rockingham Memorial Hospital, April, Harrisonburg, VA.
Jacobson, C. & Seal, B.C. (2006). “Cochlear implant family intervention in a clinical and research training program”. NHS 2006 Conference. May, Cernobbio, Italy.
Jacobson, C.A.& Aiello, F., (2005) “Newborn Hearing Screening and Early Identification Protocols”, American Academy of Pediatrics Educational Program, Levels I, April & Level II, May, Richmond, VA.
Jacobson, C.A. & Jacobson, J. T, (2005) “Newborn Hearing screening & Early Identification”. American Academy of Audiology California Chapter, January, San Diego, CA.
Publications (last five years)
Smith, Barnes, G, Jacobson, C, Oelberg, D.; Auditory Brainstem Response Detects Early Bilirubin Neurotoxicity at Low Indirect Bilirubin Values. Journal of Perinatology 2004.
Jacobson, C. & Jacobson, J. Evaluation of Hearing Loss in Infants & Young Children; Pediatric Annals December 2004. Vol 33, #12. David Darrow, Ed.
- May 7-9