For admission consideration, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree. If the applicant holds a bachelor’s degree in a field other than communication sciences and disorders, then the applicant must complete the following pre-requisite coursework to be eligible for admission:
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Ear & Voice Mechanism
- Acoustics of Speech and Hearing
- Language Development
- Introduction to Audiology
- Phonological and Language Disorders
The American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA), the SLP credentialing organization, requires that you have one course in each of the following areas:
- Physics OR Chemistry
- Biological Science (with a content area related to human or animal science)
- Social/behavioral Science (psychology, sociology, anthropology, or public health)
The DLVE-SLP program coordinator serves as the academic advisor who will assist distance education students with academic and clinical matters. The CSD Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) Council serves as each graduate student's program committee. The role of the student's program committee is to oversee each student's educational experience and to provide a support system during your matriculation. If an academic problem occurs during the student's graduate career, the student's advisor, and if necessary, the SLP Council will assist to resolve this problem.
- April 2013
Admitted students notified by JMU
- June 2013
Orientation at JMU
- June 2013
- JMU will be the singular university offering admission to DLVE-SLP effective with the June 2013 cohort More >
- 13 students graduated in May 2012
- Pleased to have 26 students begin DLVE-SLP in June 2011
- Our application process is now closed. Since we accept students into the DLVE-SLP program every other year, we look forward to reviewing applications again in the fall of 2014 (for admission into the summer 2015 cohort).
Welcome from Program Director
Welcome to the DLVE-SLP website. This site is designed to assist you in your search for a quality, online master’s degree program in speech-language pathology.