Admission to the Program
- Review the admission eligibility criteria and degree requirements on the website. If holding a bachelor’s degree in a field other than communication sciences and disorders, prospective applicants must have completed the following pre-requisite coursework:
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Ear & Voice Mechanism
- Acoustics of Speech and Hearing
- Language Development
- Introduction to Audiology
- Phonological and Language Disorders
- Completed applications are due to the James Madison Graduate School by February 1. To apply, please go to: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/jmug/index.html . The following should be sent to the Graduate School electronically:
- Graduate application
- Graduate application fees
- Official GRE scores
- Official transcripts (via eSCRIP-SAFE or an unopened paper copy may be sent to the Graduate School)
- Names and contact details for 2 References (No reference letters required)
- Personal Statement regarding your career goals and reason for pursuing a MS degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
Please visit http://www.jmu.edu/grad/prospective/index.shtml for the complete application requirements.
- Applicants will be notified of an admission decision no later than April 15.
For questions regarding the DLVE-SLP program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 2013
Admitted students notified by JMU
- June 2013
Orientation at JMU
- June 2013
- JMU will be the singular university offering admission to DLVE-SLP effective with the June 2013 cohort More >
- 13 students graduated in May 2012
- Pleased to have 26 students begin DLVE-SLP in June 2011
- Our application process is now closed. Since we accept students into the DLVE-SLP program every other year, we look forward to reviewing applications again in the fall of 2014 (for admission into the summer 2015 cohort).
Welcome from Program Director
Welcome to the DLVE-SLP website. This site is designed to assist you in your search for a quality, online master’s degree program in speech-language pathology.