Research Applications in Clinical Education (RACE)
Focus of Lab
The American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) has challenged graduate programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders to demonstrate the acquisition of specific knowledge and skills of our graduate students as they matriculate through their academic coursework and clinical education. The research conducted in the RACE lab concerns itself with assessing the efficacy and efficiency, along with assessment of learning outcomes of various models of clinical education, supervision, and service delivery. Recent investigations explore the use of virtual simulations for interprofessional education.
- Dr. Carol C Dudding, Director
- Virtual simulation for clinical education and interprofessional organization
- Best practices in the delivery of online graduate studies in speech language pathology (www.DLVE-SLP.org)
- Assessment of clinical decision making in graduate students
- Telepractice for community based services