Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.)
The Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) program at James Madison University is a four-year post-baccalaureate program offered in our picturesque campus in the Shenandoah Valley. The Audiology program is currently ranked 17th in the nation by U.S. News and World reports. Our program emphasizes well-rounded and rigorous education that emphasizes clinical training as well as research.
- Small class size (6-7 students per cohort)
- Attractive funding offered to most Au.D. students in the form of graduate assistantships
- World class faculty, state of the art building with new clinic and research laboratories
- Assistance with fourth year clinical placement
- Option to transition into an AuD/PhD program
Applicants are required to complete application through CSDCAS and a supplemental application through JMU's graduate school. Your application will not be considered unless both applications are complete and application fees paid.
GRE requirements: Be sure to use GRE DI code 1043
Completed applications will be reviewed immediately after the submission deadline (Jan 15th). A short list of approximately 30 applicants will be invited for on-campus visit and interview. These interviews (small groups of approximately 10 students) are typically scheduled on Fridays in February and early March. In the event of inclement weather, the interviews will be rescheduled.
Contact: Dr. Ayasakanta Rout, Audiology Program Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the City of Harrisonburg
- Vibrant small town with low cost of living
- Located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley
- Within driving distance from Washington, DC and Virginia Beach
- JMU Graduate School AuD web page: http://www.jmu.edu/grad/programs/all-programs/csd-aud.shtml
- JMU Audiology Program video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3DRpiWXaFo