Admission to the Program- Master's Degree in Communication Science and Disorders (Clinical)
The application process for the 2015-2016 academic year will open October 1 and close February 1. Be sure to follow the instructions below. Check your mymadison.jmu.edu account regularly for the status of your application. If you have problems accessing your account, please contact email@example.com. Questions about the program and open houses should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application is a TWO-PART process
- All applicants must apply to and be admitted to the JMU Graduate School. For information about this application process go to the web site of the graduate school. An application to the graduate school is accomplished online: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/jmug/index.html. You will be asked to submit:
- Application fee
- Applicants do NOT need to submit letters of recommendations with the Graduate School application.
- Applicants do NOT need to submit transcripts to the Graduate School with the Graduate School application. If you are offered admission to the CSD program, you will need to send original transcripts to the JMU Graduate School prior to beginning classes.
- Applicants do not need to submit GRE scores with the Graduate School application.
- All applicants must also apply to the CSD Program through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application System (CSDCAS) at https://portal.csdcas.org/. Complete all aspects of the CSDCAS application including:
- personal written statement regarding your career goals and reason for pursing a clinical MS degree in speech-language pathology at JMU. No more than two pages, double-spaced.
- official GRE scores, be sure to use DI Code 1043
- official transcripts
- names and contact information for two references (letters of recommendation are not required)
Applications to both the Graduate School and CSDCAS must be submitted by February 1. The Graduate School and CSDCAS forward only completed applications to the CSD Program. In order for an application to be considered by the CSD program, the Graduate School and CSDCAS applications must be received by the CSD Program by February 1.
The Clinical Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology is a competitive admissions process. There is a minimum GPA of 3.25 in the major required for application. There is no minimum GRE score, although successful applicants generally score above the 50th percentile.
The CSD program offers admission to a limited number of applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree in an area other than Communication Science and Disorders. All applicants follow the same procedure for application to the program. View information on pre-requisite coursework
We are not able to provide individual tours; it is recommended that interested persons attend one of the scheduled open houses listed within the link: View information on open houses
For more information about GA/TA opportunities, View information on departmental funding
For questions regarding the CSD program, please email email@example.com. For questions regarding the admissions process, please contact The Graduate School or CSDCAS as appropriate.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to take the new Revised GRE Test. However, we will continue to accept the scores from the previous version of the GRE test for the February 1 submission deadline. More information on the GRE is available at the official web site of Educational Testing Service.
- Our application process, for FALL 2015 admission, is now closed. We look forward to reviewing applications again with the next admissions cycle!
- March 9-13